duminică, 23 august 2009

Pastel Blankie

A few days ago, one of my best friends became an auntie and I decided to create a special gift for her little niece, Maya. I really wanted to make something using the entrelac pattern (previously used for the Danica scarf) because I really enjoyed it and I could use the practice. Then again, I also really wanted to make a quilt. So, I decide to combine the two and make a two-sided pastel blankie. I realized that this was going to take me a while, but I thought my idea was too pretty not to try out. Right now, I am halfway through the entrelac part which is good news. However, things will be more difficult when I attempt to make a quilt and assemble the two distinct parts together. Fortunately, I found quite a collection of flowery, pastel fabrics in my granny's closet and that will make my job a whole lot easier.
Basically, the blanket will have two sides-- the fuzzy and snugly mohair entrelac-patterned one on the outside and the natural, neuter and calming cotton quilt on the inside. This is what the entrelac side will look like. And ideally this is what the quilt side will look like. I will post pictures as soon as I can get my hands on a camera.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu